TEATRO DEGLI OSCURI
The construction of the Teatro degli Oscuri dates back to 1763, when Accademia degli Oscuri, from which it took its name, got a hall on the ground floor of the Public Palace where to set up comedies and shows.
With various structural interventions carried out on several occasions, the theatre assumed its definitive shape around 1870. The last renovation was undertaken between 2018 and 2019.
Teatro degli Oscuri can accommodate 130 spectators, between the audience and the 23 boxes divided into two orders. The entrance to the theatre is located in Piazza Matteotti, in the middle of the medieval village of Torrita di Siena.