- The International Singing Competition “Giulio Neri”, in its 16th edition, will take place in Torrita di Siena, Italy, from May 2nd to 5th 2024. The competition is open to male and female singers of all nationalities and ages.
- Singers who wish to register for the competition must submit their applications by filling in the online form on the official website www.concorsogiulioneri.it. A short curriculum vitae must also be submitted. Applications must be submitted no later than April 20th, 2024. Applications submitted after this date may be admitted by the jury of the Competition only for serious and proven reasons.
- The singers must present four arias of free choice. All songs must be performed in original language and tone. The Secretariat of the competition reserves the right to ask candidates to copy or scan the scores otherwise unavailable.
- The registration fee is € 80.00 (euros 80/00) and must be paid to the following accounts of “Fondazione Cantiere Internazionale d’Arte”:
Bank transfer IBAN code: IT48S0885125601000000901427 (Swift Code: ICRA IT RR DL 0)
Description: CONCORSO GIULIO NERI – name and surname
– PayPal adressed to email@example.com Message: CONCORSO GIULIO NERI – name and surname
Other types of payment are not allowed. If the payment will not be made on time the candidate will not be accepted.
- Accompanist pianists will be made available to the singer; however, contestants may be accompanied at their own expenses by a pianist of their own choice. By completing the application form, you can choose whether to use the pianists of the competition.
- The drawing of the order of passage will take place in the presence of the Mayor of Torrita di Siena or a person delegated by the City Council. The date and the time of the draw, which will be broadcast live on the official channels of the competition, will be communicated by email to registered singers. Once the order of passage has been established, the Secretary of the competition will invite the contestants by email, indicating the date and time of the performance. The schedules may vary; in this case the Secretariat will promptly notify the competitors. The singers must present themselves on the date and time indicated at the Teatro degli Oscuri, Piazza Matteotti – TORRITA DI SIENA, for registration, showing a valid document for identification. In this context, it will be possible to complete the subscription of applications where necessary.
- Singers can rehearse with the pianists made available by the competition only and exclusively the day of Wednesday, May 1st, 2024, from 11.00 am to 7.00 pm. There are no exceptions. The singers admitted to the semifinal and the singers admitted to the final can rehearse with the pianists also Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th May 2024.
- The tests are divided into preliminary, semifinal and final. All the tests are public and will be held as follows:
– the preliminary part is held on Thursday 2nd and Friday 3rd May. The singers will perform two arias of their choice among those presented in the registration form. The jury will be able to listen to just one of the two pieces;
– the semifinal part is held on Saturday 4th May. Singers will perform the piece or pieces indicated by the jury, chosen from those not performed in the preliminary and communicated at the same time as the result, at the conclusion of the preliminary part. It is the faculty of the jury to listen, if necessary, also to arias performed in the preliminary exam;
– the final part is held in concert form on Sunday 5th May at 4.00 pm. Singers will perform the piece indicated by the jury together with the result, at the end of the semi-final. Singers will receive their respective prizes and will therefore be required to participate. Otherwise, the prizes will not be awarded to them.
At the final part the public will have the right to vote for the award of the special prize referred to in point 6, through the appropriate form that will be delivered at the beginning of the concert. The Competition will end with the award ceremony and the performance of the winner that will take place at the end of the jury’s work.
Semi-finalists who do not enter the final will receive a certificate of eligibility; finalists not awarded will receive a diploma of merit.
- No changes to the programme presented, nor to the choice of pieces for the preliminary part, will be considered after April 20th 2024; any changes must be communicated only in writing, to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject XV CONTEST “GIULIO NERI”, sending timely copies of the musical scores, if the official pianist of the competition is required.
- The members of the jury will refrain from assessing the contestants to whom they have parental and/ or educational relationships: in compliance with this, at the time of installation each member of the jury will issue a declaration.
- It is planned to award prizes for a total value of 5,800 euros, as specified below:
First prize – € 2,000 and certificate
Second prize – € 1,000 and certificate
Third prize – € 600 and certificate
– “Giulio Neri” prize – € 700 and certificate – offered by Comune di Torrita di Siena to the best Bass in memory of G. Neri
– Audience prize – € 400 and certificate
– “Young talents” prize – € 600.00 and certificate – offered by artistic direction to the young singers born since January 1st 1999
– “Claudio Desderi” prize – € 300.00 and certificate offered by the artistic direction
It is up to the jury to withdraw any of the awarding prizes. The jury’s decision is incontestable.
As part of the Competition, the organization reserves the right to add any further awards that will be awarded by the Jury. Competitors may be selected and recommended by the jury for auditions and productions of Opéra Nice Côte d’Azur and Fondazione Cantiere Internazionale d’Arte.
- Any recording and/or video and/or audio broadcast of the various phases of the Competition, including the Final Concert of 16th Concorso Internazionale di Canto Lirico “Giulio Neri”, does not give the participants any right to compensation. The participants will be required to sign a release that waives any rights to recorded material that is published for promotional purposes.